When helping via the phone, a SOM Service desk agent may ask to connect to your desktop remotely to walk you through troubleshooting or to get a better view into their problem. Clients will follow these instructions for navigating to and accepting the remote connection with the Service desk via Bomgar software
- Navigate to https://yale.service-now.com/it?id=get_help
- Navigate to "Share My Desktop."
- The service desk agent will give you a number, enter this under the Session Key box
- Click Submit; then Accept (If this is the first time you have used Bomgar, it will install a small piece of software; click Yes all through the installation of the application, if necessary)
- The Service Desk agent will initiate a Screen Sharing session with you.
- Click Allow, to allow the Service Desk agent to connect to your computer to assist you.
- Then click OK to begin the session
Help us improve