When you receive a new iPhone or a replacement, use this information to activate the new iPhone.
How to activate your iPhone
- Power on your phone.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes/download/ to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the cable and dock included with your phone.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to sync your iPhone.
VERIZON: Steps to Take to Transfer your Service to New Phone
- Save your contacts and content using either iTunes or iCloud to backup your current phone
- Transfer your phone number by call 877-807-4646 and follow the Instructions
- Turn off your old phone
- Turn off and restart your New Phone
- Please refrain from using Message+ for messaging as you may get inundated with Pin number emails.
AT&T: Porting your current cell phone number over from another carrier or to a new phone
- Activate your iPhone (see above).
- Call AT&T (1-866-499-8008) to have your current cell phone number moved to your new phone.
If the automated system is down, Contact Cellular Telephone Service at 203-432-2001.
Please have ready:
- your cell phone number
- the ICCID (SIM ID) (located on the back of your iPhone box)
- IMEI number (located on the back of your iPhone box)
Install free Find My iPhone app
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, you can remotely erase (or "wipe") the information on it to prevent anyone else from seeing or using your personal information. To use remote wipe, you need to have first turned on Find My iPhone on your device.
Help us improve